To be a consistent advocate for individual rights, one has to be an advocate for total separation of state and the economy. The two are inseparable; without total separation, individual rights are not fully respected. SEPARATE! is about championing this idea.
Our culture is slowly changing in favor of these views. They have often been considered extreme, although much less so today than only a few years ago. At SEPARATE! we’re actually very optimistic even though daily events often appear discouraging.
It is, no doubt, a challenging topic. Moving us closer towards total separation of state and the economy requires explaining what theory will look like in practice, and articulating how to get from here to there.
SEPARATE! contributes to moving us in the right direction by explaining, philosophizing and sometimes speculating about what total separation of state and the economy would look like in practice in different areas of society.
Sometimes the commentaries may stray from the topic. But you’ll be surprised how often the issue of the day may be viewed in the light of the question “How will this be handled when we have total separation of state and the economy?”
Posts appear once or twice a month. We read and appreciate your comments. We may not always respond, but they are a great source of inspiration for future posts so keep them coming.
If you’re a newcomer, a great place to start with The Moral Case For Separating State and The Economy – What’s That About? If this is wetting your appetite, check out the THE BASICS section, which has links to many of the terms that we refer and link to on a regular basis, browse the SEPARATE WHAT? and SEPARATE NOT! sections for areas that you are of most interest to you, search for a topic, or scroll down the blog roll.
On occasion we’re offering observations that at first sight may not appear to be directly related to championing the moral case for separating state and the economy. However, there is always a connection, one or two degrees of separation away. If you like sleuthing, you may want to try one of the following of our favorite pieces:
- Of Slaves and Slaveholders
- Sweden: Welfare Statism Fact and Fiction
- Would You Like a Frozen Abstraction With That?
- Domestic Partnershippal Bliss
- The ABC of Old World Morality
- NSA’s Prism and The Virtual Wall
- Beware of The Progressive In You
- Statism, Altruism, and Pragmatism – The Diseases That Killed Detroit
- Freeing The Individual from The Conceits of The Collective
- Living The Cool Life: Join The Peace Corps or Corporate America?
- ISIS, Meet Doc Holliday
- Let’s Make The Right To Vote Less Important
- Dear Conservative: Your Moral Ideal of Self-Sacrifice + Belief in Original Sin = Big Government
- Focus on Right and Wrong, Not Right and Left
- Alt-Right and The Hypocrisy of the Progressive Left
- Do More Tax Cuts for The Rich Make You Envious?
- Freedom and Capitalism: The Cure For Sexual Misconduct